It is a free service that provides all the information we need to know about our website. The statistics and the basic analytical and information tools will help us do a better job with our SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Its` motion charts display changes in data over time and by that, you will understand better how changes you made to your site influences types, origins and quality of the traffic you generate. It is not meant to be used by big scale platforms such as Expedia or Booking but it is a great tool for small and medium-sized websites. For the future remember that there are better tools for analyzing your traffic. here are some of them:
- Omniture (Part of Adobe)
- Webtrends (Optimizing solutions for brands and organizations)
- Congo (by IBM)
- Oracle WebCenter (Optimizing information for big structures)
- Who visits your website: User's geographical location, which browser did they use, the language they speak, How users found your website (banners, links, referrals, search on search engines) and even what is their screen resolution
- What do people do when they are on your website: What pages user's visited the most, which page makes them leave or stay on your website and how many pages an average user is viewing
- When do people visit your website: Which time of the day is most active, when users tend to 'read' and when to 'buy'!
- How long people stay on your website: How long the user's stay on each page and where
- How do people interact with the content on your website: How many user's clicked on a specific link
With this information, you will be able to increase sales but mainly minimize marketing efforts by focusing on what is important and profitable. If you choose to build more than one platform (different sites for the different targetted audience) than you will need to create one Google Analytics Property for each website you have. Google Analytics generates a unique tracking ID for each site. Installing this tracking ID on WordPress is simple and easy.
Click Here to watch a great tutorial made by Kyle's Network at Wealthy Affiliate. You will learn there how to:
- Create a Google Analytics Account
- How to obtain your Tracking Code
- How to use All in One SEO tool (free Add-on to WordPress) and how to add your tracking code to it